How to Install a Wall Mounted Space Heater. Watch the full episode: https://www.thisoldhouse.com/watch/ask-toh-primer-pipes-heat
Ask This Old House master electrician Scott Caron warms up a chilly bathroom by installing an electric convection heater.
Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thisoldhouse
Time: 2 hours
Skill Level: Moderate
Electric wall-mount panel heater
14/2 non-metallic wiring
1. Determine a source of constant power nearby to the desired installation location of the heater.
2. Before doing any electrical work, ensure power is turned off at the breaker panel for the active circuits and confirm it’s off with a tester.
3. If using an existing outlet as a power source, remove the cover plate with a screwdriver, then remove the outlet from the box. It may also be necessary to remove the box from the wall.
4. Run 14/2 wiring from the existing outlet to the location of the new heater. It may be necessary to drill through wall studs or other structure.
5. Remove the sheathing on the new wire at the existing outlet, then feed that wire through the electrical box.
6. Strip the conductors on the new wire and either connect them to an available screw on the outlet or splice to existing conductors using wire nuts.
7. Resecure the electrical box in the wall, replace the outlet, and install the cover plate.
8. Strip the other end of the new wire and splice the conductors from the power supply to the appropriate wires in the heater.
9. Install the supplied mounting brackets to the wall, then click the heater onto those brackets.
10. Restore power to the circuit and turn on the heater.
Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House:
Tags: How to Install a Wall Mounted Space Heater, this old house, how-to, home improvement, Episode, TV Show, DIY, Ask This Old House, Scott Caron, electrical, heating, chilly bathroom, elctric convection heater, installation, how-to install, plumbing